Join the Desert Southwest Conference and its community partners in a silent march to commemorate National Gun Violence Awareness Day on Saturday, June 2, 2018, at 8:00 AM at the Arizona State Capitol. The silent march will display shoes collected from gun violence victims and their families to graphically demonstrate the toll that gun violence takes in our communities. Clergy from various faiths and survivors will speak and bells will be rung to commemorate those killed and wounded by gun violence.
The DSC Gun Violence Task Force has received a stipend to help provide banners for churches who wish to hold a local silent march. For more information, please contact Billie Fidlin at firstname.lastname@example.org, then follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/GVATF and don’t forget to share pictures of your silent march via email or on Facebook.
What will you do to raise awareness?
- Click here to download the orange graphic on the right. Then share it on your church Facebook or Twitter account.
- Click here to download the silent march promo. Then publish it in a congregational email about your local event.
- Click here to download a bulletin insert about the AZ State Capitol silent march. Then share it with your friends and community.
- Click here to download a bulletin insert you can edit to share your local event plans with your congregation and community.
- Click here to download the banner artwork to display at your church.
This event is sponsored by:
Desert Southwest Conference of The United Methodist Church
Arizona Faith Network
Arizonans for Gun Safety
March for Our Lives
Moms Demand Action Arizona
Use the following documents and videos to help prevent an active shooter on your church campus.
- Crime Proof Your Worship Center (PDF)
- Guide to Developing An Emergency Plan (PDF)
- Conversations about Gun Violence With Your Congregation (PDF)