By Tracey Brown, Potosi Pines Camp Director
It was a busy summer for us here at Potosi, but it was a fun and wonderful busy! We offered 7 conference camps again this year. We had something for everyone from 1st grade on up through graduated seniors. Of course, none of it could have been done without the amazing volunteers that came to help. Our campers were so blessed by all who came with their servant’s hearts to give back.
At the end of each camp, we always ask the campers to complete the sentence “Because of camp….” Here are just a few of our favorite responses:
- I learned a lot about nature.
- I got to hike up Twin Peaks!
- I got to hike and enjoy the outdoors.
- I know I have someone to look after me.
- I learned God loves me.
- I am closer with God.
- I’m a nicer person.
- I know that I am the salt and that everyone has a part.
- I will go home happy.
- I pushed myself.
- I had more fun than I thought was possible
- I have realized I am enough.
- I learned I am stronger than I actually think I am.
- I got to know that God is amazing and loves everyone.
- I loved how we praying and used the Bible.
- I felt like I belonged the most I ever have in my life.
- I got to be myself and was not afraid to stand out.
- I am more joyous, confident, and a sociable person.
- I made new finds and got along with everyone.
- I feel renewed and see the world in a new light.
- I am a better person with myself and others and God.
- I feel more at ease about myself and others.
- I will go outside more.
- I have a renewed sense of spirituality, made new friends and learned to hula hoop with style.
- I can speak up.
You can see from these great responses, why we love what we do! Thank you to all who support our conference camping! With your love and support, we are renewing lives! If you’d like to see more of what we did this summer check out all our summer videos on YouTube, just search Potosi Pines!