Who should attend the Preconference Briefings?
Both new and returning members to the Annual Conference should attend a Preconference Briefing in their area or via live stream. Other persons thinking about attending Annual Conference are also encouraged to participate.
Does it really matter if I attend a briefing?
The briefings are meant to be a time of learning and discussion to prepare you for Annual Conference. You’ll learn about the proposed legislation, rule changes, budget, day of learning, mission projects, etc. in advance, and have an opportunity to ask questions in a smaller group setting. At last year’s briefings, the Bishop led Holy Huddle conversations on topics like the proposed changes in Healthcare which resulted in questions and ideas that were brought back to the Conference Finance Committee and addressed at Annual Conference. Attending the Preconference Briefing isn’t just beneficial to you, it influences the implementation of Annual Conference.
With advance knowledge of the various pieces of Annual Conference, you’ll also have an idea of who else might want/need to join you at Annual Conference.
When/where is the Preconference Briefing near me?
- Thursday, May 11, 2017, 6:00 – 8:00 pm at First UMC, Sun City, 9849 N 105th Ave, Sun City, AZ 85351
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 6:00 – 8:00 pm LIVE STREAM* and in-person at North Scottsdale UMC, 11735 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Sunday, May 21, 2017, 3:00-5:00 pm at Advent UMC, 3460 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 6:00 – 8:00 pm at St. James UMC, west, 3255 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
I missed the briefings, so is there a recording of one?
- A recording of the live stream of the May 16th Preconference Briefing is now available by clicking on the button below.