Apply for a UMCOM Website Development Grant and become eligible for free training on how to edit the website and market the church using the virtual front door (the website). Churches that currently have no website receive priority, but churches wanting to replace their present site with a WordPress site may also apply.
What does the grant provide?
- Free online training course on how to use WordPress and build your website
- Free online support throughout the training and website building process
- Free pre-designed WordPress templates to choose from (over 40 designs with cross and flame plug-ins available for denominational branding)
- One year of web hosting through UMCom (umcchurches.org – Silver package)
- One year of their new domain name registration (website address)
What about in-person training?
The in-person training will take place at the Desert Southwest Conference, 1550 E Meadowbrook Avenue, Phoenix, AZ in the Galvan meeting room with United Methodist Communications and Desert Southwest Conference Communications. This in-person training will be on Friday, December 8 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Church teams that want to learn about the website marketing piece can attend at no cost too, but please keep in mind that the beginning of the workshop will be all about how to edit the WordPress website.
If you are participating in the in-person training, please complete the online application by November 17. Questions about the training can be directed to Christina Dillabough, Director of Communications for the Desert Southwest Conference at 602-266-6956 or via email at .