By Billie Fidlin, Director of Outreach
Justice for Our Neighbors Clinic
The Future AZJFON will open with a soft launch on November 1 with our newly hired interim site coordinator, Ella Rawls. She will supervise the set-up of the new clinic, recruit volunteers for client intake and hospitality who will be trained by national JFON, recruit pro-bono and volunteer attorneys, and include other responsibilities that come up. The opening date of the clinic with clients will be the end of January. We are grateful for all of the progress the board has made, for all of the financial support we have been given, and for all of the persons who are interested in volunteering with us. To find out more:
- Contact Chris Spencer, Chair of the Board of Directors of AZ JFON, email@example.com
- Visit www.dscumc.org/2016/12/immigration-response-resources
- Give at www.dscumc.org/2017/08/5-year-anniversary-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals/
Health and Caring News!
What is the “Healthy Congregations” initiative? How can a congregation learn about and maybe launch steps to help church and community to experience healthier lives? What are programs some churches have started focusing upon the Four Priorities: healthy eating, active living, mental health, and tobacco-and substance-free living?
Contact us! We will gladly come talk with you and/or members of your congregation about the possibilities. To find out more:
- Contact Winnie Fritz, Chair of Health & Caring Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.dscumc.org/2017/08/10399/
Refugee Ministries Event October 24th
Multiple presentations will address how our churches can assist refugees. First person accounts, resettlement agency presentations, and how a church can either host a refugee family or assist in other ways will be discussed. Join us on Tuesday, October 24th at the Desert Southwest Conference office, 1550 E Meadowbrook Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona, 85014 in the Galvan Room from 1:00–2:30 PM. Please contact Billie Fidlin, Director of Outreach, at email@example.com for more information or to RSVP.
- Contact Dr. Tina Olson, Chair Refugee Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.dscumc.org/2017/09/can-united-methodist-churches-assist-refugees-dsc/