A year ago, ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) called Bishop Hoshibata asking if the United Methodist Churches would be interested in providing hospitality to another group of travelers needing a place to stay. A group of persons met together to dream about offering radical hospitality to parents and children being released from Immigration custody until they could be reunited with their families in the United States. Thus the Inn Project was born.
In this last year, the Inn Project has served 2267 individuals and 678 families. These families have received a warm greeting, a safe place to rest after their long journeys, clean clothing, and food for the road! We are grateful for the support of the South District and the Southern Arizona community. The Inn Project would not be here without you!
Would your church consider taking a special offering to the support this important ministry?
Other ways you can support The Inn Project:
- Checks can be given through your local UMC or mailed to Desert Southwest Conference Office, 1550 E. Meadowbrook Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85014. Please be sure to add “Inn Project” in the memo line.
- Give online at theinnproject.com.
- All donations are tax deductible.
Give Your Time
- To volunteer, go to theinnproject.com and click “Register as Volunteer Button” and fill out the Volunteer Application. You do not need to speak Spanish to volunteer.
- Reusable grocery bags
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Bottled water
- Peanut butter and cheese crackers
- Single serving bags of Cheez-its or Goldfist
- Fruit snacks, granola bars, Nutrigrain bars
- Cup of Ramen in styrofoam cups
- Gently used clothing (men, women, children)
- Men, Women’s and Children’s undergarments
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, travel deodorant, shampoo, razors)
- Diapers of all sizes and wipes
- Bath towels
Donations can be dropped off at First United Methodist Church (915 4th St), or Catalina United Methodist Church (2700 E. Speedway) between 9 a.m and and 1 p.m.