Dear DSC Siblings,
The CRCC training workshop that the California Nevada Annual Conference and Western Jurisdiction were preparing, unfortunately, has been postponed to allow broader participation and better training opportunity to the congregations and clergy of our Jurisdiction.
We will keep you informed about when the next one will be. Thank you for your patience and consideration.
Rev. Javier Olivares
Explore some of the foundational and critical elements of cross-racial and cross-cultural commitment in our United Methodist Churches. We will explore foundational lessons as we journey together. We will announce the other steps of the journey in future workshops – the next steps of the journey!
Learning Outcomes – At the end of the session, attendees will have an understanding of:
- The biblical and theological foundations that undergird Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural pastoral appointments in The United Methodist Church
- The Connectional importance of this work as identified in the Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church
- Identify some ways that clergy and SPRCs can prepare for Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural appointments
- A brief look at cultural self-awareness – Cultural differences in terms of one’s own culturally learned perceptions, values, and practices – How one makes sense of and responds to cultural differences
- A brief look at other awareness – Ways people from other cultural groups make sense of and respond to cultural differences
- Key learning elements from the experiences of those who have served in CR/CC appointments.
- June 14, 2021 – Postponed
- 9:00 – 12:00 pm PST – Postponed
- Newly or recently appointed CRCC clergy and SPRC members
When this event is rescheduled, the Zoom link will be provided by emailing Rev. Javier Olivares at email@example.com. Find out about other news and opportunities by visiting the DSC Religion and Race website at https://dscumc.org/religion-and-race and the Religion and Race Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCORR. There will be no cost for this event when it is back on and it will be recorded and broadcast for our Conference.
Conference Commission on Religion and Race