2/22/2022 – 2/24/2022
At The Redemptorist Renewal Center, 7101 W. Picture Rocks Road, Tucson, AZ 85743, www.desertrenewal.org
The Gathering is the yearly meeting of the retired and active clergy and appointed pastors of the Desert Southwest Conference. Formerly called “Pastor’s School,” it is an event that combines education and community building into a 48-hour retreat. The Orders meet, which is a mandatory meeting.
This year, The Gathering will focus on our future together. After worship the first day, the Orders will meet and we will meet as a large group to discuss the current events around the denomination. The second day, we will participate in a mandatory training around Racial Equity called “Building Bridges, Building Communities: Intercultural Competency Training.” The final day, we will hear from Bishop Grant and end our time in worship and communion.
Watch for more information; mark your calendar now! Please read carefully the information below to determine if you wish to be a commuter, stay on campus, or skip this event. If you choose to skip the event due to COVID, know that you must let your DS or the Bishop’s office know so we can excuse you. The training is mandatory and will need to be scheduled at a later date.
Make plans to join us! The registration link is provided at the bottom of the page. Plan to don a tutu so we may properly celebrate our first big gathering together since The Gathering in 2019. See you then!
**The single rooms at the Redemptorist Renewal Center have been booked. Shared rooms are available. To be added to the waitlist for single rooms, please contact Dina Reid.
Frequently Asked Questions
- This will be an IN-PERSON EVENT unless there is a dramatic change in COVID.
- We will not offer a hybrid option due to the nature of the event.
- We begin at 2pm on 2.22.2022 and end with lunch on 2.24.2022 (lunch begins at noon). A final schedule will be sent to you via email after you register (but it might be a few days after!) and it will be uploaded online when it is available.
- ALL PERSONS who attend must give proof of full vaccination status. This is the Center’s rule that we fully support. If you do not bring proof of full vaccination status to the event, you will be turned away with no refund.
- There will be a digital option for uploading your card prior to the event if you choose to utilize it.
- ALL PERSONS on campus are required to wear a mask unless actively eating, in their own room, or socially distancing outside.
- The main teaching on Wednesday will be divided into three groups so that we are not in the same space for a long period of time. We will be together in the chapel for worship and time the first and last days, but will take breaks to air out the space and will have the doors and windows open.
Questions can be sent to Rev. Lynn Bartlow.Register Now