By Patricia Pegram, Camp & Retreat Ministries
February is here and that means Winter Camps, Summer Staff recruitment, and spring just around the corner! We have quite a lot to offer from both of our DSC Camps, so be sure to take a look at each camp website for more details on the retreats, camps, and staff opportunities coming in 2022 – we cannot wait to see you up at camp!
Upcoming Camp Events
DSC Mingus Mountain Camp:
- Youth Winter Camp: February 19 – 21 – Online registration open until February 14. REGISTER HERE
- NEW! Silver Spring Break: March 14 – 18 – Click here for more information and registration.
- Summer Camps: Early Bird Registration prices are still available until April 30! REGISTER HERE
- WOW (Women of Worship) presents A Cozy Mountain Lodge Retreat: May 20 – 22 – “Seeing God in nature and each other” is the theme of the 5th annual women’s retreat for all ladies from every walk of life. The first four retreats were held in Scottsdale and this is their first year at Mingus Mountain! $125 per person; there are scholarships available – contact Mary Hollan at for more information. REGISTER HERE
DSC Potosi Pines Camp:
- Jr./Sr. High Winter Camp: RESCHEDULED to coincide with Elementary Winter Camp, February 19 – 21!! Online Registration is re-opened until February 14! REGISTER HERE
- Elementary Winter Camp: February 19 – 21 – Online registration is open until February 14. REGISTER HERE
- North District Women’s Retreat: May 6 – 7 – REGISTER HERE!
- Summer Camps: Early Bird Registration prices are still available until April 30! REGISTER HERE!
- The NEW Teen Leadership Camp is for campers who wish to develop their leadership skills and help plan and run Younger Elementary Camp. Space is limited, so sign up before the cut off on April 30.
Questions? Contact the Office Administrator, Patricia Pegram
Volunteer Opportunities & Staff Recruitment
Mingus Mountain and Potosi Pines are able to run programs because of the amazing volunteers and staff who work each summer and give their time to ensure both camp locations are well taken care of and ready to go for campers and groups. Please see below for the opportunities that await!
April 30th &
Join us at one or both of these service days to get camp ready for another awesome summer. Projects will include: sanding, painting, cleaning, basic grounds work, landscaping and more.
Participants are invited to come up on Friday (no meals or programming provided), offer your gifts on Saturday (continental breakfast served at 8am, Lunch served around 12:30, work scheduled for 8:30-4pm) and, if you like, stay through till Sunday morning (no dinner service is offered on Saturday night or Sunday morning).
Camp Volunteer & Staff Positions:
Paid Counselor Interns at Mingus Mountain are seasonal, paid positions for Summer 2022. Applications ARE OPEN! Pay ranges from $365 to $450 per week, depending on experience, starting with staff training beginning at the end of May and work though the end of July.
Click here to apply for all Summer Camp positions at Mingus Mountain!
Click here to apply for Summer Camp positions at Potosi Pines!
Retreats at Camp
Potosi Pines and Mingus Mountain are the perfect locations to hold retreats! Come enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our beautiful locations. Plan your own retreat or let our staff help with programming and schedules; we can accommodate groups of 20 or more. If an overnight stay does not fit into your schedule, consider a day retreat! We can help plan your staff retreat, family camp, youth retreat, and more.
Camp is also a great getaway for a mid-week clergy retreat. Mingus Mountain offers two motel-style VIP rooms, complete with 2 single beds each, bed linens, towels, and private bathrooms.
For more information and availability:
- Potosi Pines Camp Director, Tracey Brown, or learn more here!
- Mingus Mountain Camp Assistant Director, Jonathan Gowan, or learn more here!
To receive the latest camp news, impact stories, prayers and more, subscribe to receive camp emails! To subscribe for Mingus Mountain Camp emails, click here and to subscribe to the Potosi Pines Camp emails, click here.