By Patricia Pegram, Camp & Retreat Ministries
With Winter Camps wrapped up and the first day of Spring ahead, we have so much to do to get ready for spring retreats and summer camps at both of our DSC Camps! We want to ensure every camper who wants to come to camp can do so, so we’ve got the All Play Camper Scholarship Fundraiser night starting off the month strong. Be sure to take a look at each camp website for more details on upcoming events, volunteer work days, and staff opportunities – we cannot wait to see you up at camp!
Upcoming Camp Events
All Play Camper Scholarship Fundraiser:
Want to donate early? CLICK HERE!
Need the Zoom link to join us? https://dscumc.zoom.us/j/91608741954?pwd=bTI4S0U4UTRaclRWTlVKOFRUaitqUT09
DSC Mingus Mountain Camp:
- NEW! Silver Spring Break: March 14 – 18 – Click here for more information and registration.
- Summer Camps: Early Bird Registration prices are available until April 30! REGISTER HERE
- WOW (Women of Worship) presents A Cozy Mountain Lodge Retreat: May 20 – 22 – “Healing and Wholeness” is the theme of the 5th annual women’s retreat for all ladies from every walk of life. The first four retreats were held in Scottsdale and this is their first year at Mingus Mountain! $125 per person; there are scholarships available – contact Mary Hollan at for more information. REGISTER HERE
DSC Potosi Pines Camp:
- North District Women’s Retreat: May 6 – 7 – REGISTER HERE!
- Summer Camps: Early Bird Registration prices are still available until April 30! REGISTER HERE!
- The NEW Teen Leadership Camp is for campers who wish to develop their leadership skills and help plan and run Younger Elementary Camp. Space is limited, so sign up before the cut off on April 30.
Questions? Contact the Office Administrator, Patricia Pegram
Volunteer Opportunities & Staff Recruitment
Mingus Mountain and Potosi Pines are able to run programs because of the amazing volunteers and staff who work each summer and give their time to ensure both camp locations are well taken care of and ready to go for campers and groups. Please see below for the opportunities that await!
Camp Volunteer & Staff Positions:
Paid Counselor Interns at Mingus Mountain are seasonal, paid positions for Summer 2022. Applications ARE OPEN! Pay ranges from $365 to $450 per week, depending on experience, starting with staff training beginning at the end of May and work though the end of July.
Click here to apply for all Summer Camp positions at Mingus Mountain!
Click here to apply for all Summer Camp positions at Potosi Pines!
Retreats at Camp
Potosi Pines and Mingus Mountain are the perfect locations to hold retreats! Come enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our beautiful locations. Plan your own retreat or let our staff help with programming and schedules; we can accommodate groups of 20 or more. If an overnight stay does not fit into your schedule, consider a day retreat! We can help plan your staff retreat, family camp, youth retreat, and more.
Camp is also a great getaway for a mid-week clergy retreat. Mingus Mountain offers two motel-style VIP rooms, complete with 2 single beds each, bed linens, towels, and private bathrooms.
For more information and availability:
- Potosi Pines Camp Director, Tracey Brown, or learn more here!
- Mingus Mountain Camp Assistant Director, Jonathan Gowan, or learn more here!
To receive the latest camp news, impact stories, prayers and more, subscribe to receive camp emails! To subscribe for Mingus Mountain Camp emails, click here and to subscribe to the Potosi Pines Camp emails, click here.