By Rev. Jen Lambert, Conference Secretary
Greetings in the name of the Risen Christ! Bishop Grant Hagiya, in consultation with the Sessions Committee for the Desert Southwest Conference, has confirmed dates for Annual Conference 2022. Annual Conference will be held Friday, June 10 and Saturday, June 11, 2022, in a hybrid format. The Mesa Convention Center will be our host location for the two-day event.
Registration and Participation
For those wishing to attend in person, a block of rooms has been reserved at the adjacent Delta Hotel. For those wishing to attend online, the event will be hosted via Zoom. All clergy and lay delegates must register in advance to receive log-in information and to receive voting instructions. Registration will be available soon at https://dscumc.org/ac. The fees are $100 for in-person participation and $50 for Zoom-only participation.
The event will be live streamed at https://dscumc.org/ac.
Due to the hybrid nature of the event, the Sessions Committee will provide details as they become available on the Conference website at https://dscumc.org/ac and via email through the Conference newsletter. If you are not yet subscribed, please do so now at https://dscumc.org/subscribe.
While the process is not yet finalized, the Annual Conference may be nominating clergy for episcopal election. To nominate an elder in full connection for consideration as an episcopal candidate or for more information on eligibility, please click on the green Nominations for Episcopal Elections box found at https://dscumc.org/ac.
As a reminder, the Conference Rules have established deadlines for Petitions, Resolutions, and Rule Changes. The details and deadlines regarding legislation can be found in section A.II.E (pages 149-150) of the 2021 Journal for the Desert Southwest Conference.
Legislation received by the February 28th deadline for rule change submissions and petitions as established by the Conference Rules and relevant documents and information will be accessible from https://dscumc.org/ac. Simply click or tap on the green box labeled with the content you are looking for such as “Legislation.”
Important dates to note are:
- Preconference Reports Deadline Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Resolutions and Petitions Deadline Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Preconference Briefing Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Annual Conference Friday, June 10 – Saturday, June 11, 2022
- Worship and Ordination Saturday, June 11, 2022
- The live stream of the Annual Conference will be available at https://dscumc.org/ac and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/DSCCommunication.
- Details about the worship and ordination service, including an order of worship document if applicable, will be posted at https://dscumc.org/ac.
- The worship services will also be live streamed and available at https://dscumc.org/ac.