fbpx

March 2022 Apportionments Decline Slightly

by | Apr 4, 2022 | Apportionments

By Randy Bowman, Director of Finance & Administration

March apportionments declined slightly compared to 2021. Like last year, the Conference fully paid one month (8.3%) of 2022 apportionments for all of our churches. Our churches paid another 14.3%, resulting in an overall apportionments receipt level of 22.6% for the first 2 months of the year. That was 0.3% below last year’s level, so we have a little bit of catching up to do. At this rate, we project year-end apportionment receipts of about 76%.

Apportionment receipts through March are shown graphically as follows:

 

Overall, the Conference remains in strong financial shape. Our available cash reserves are at $3.0 million, down only slightly from $3.1 million at the beginning of this year. We had an overall operating deficit of $409,000 due to payment of our general church apportionments at 100%, payment of one month of apportionments for all churches in the Conference, and COVID-impacted losses in our camp and retreat ministries. This operating deficit was lower than it might have been as a result of reduced travel, operating efficiencies, and lower staff costs in many of areas of ministry. So we are thankful for that, just as we are thankful for your continued support of our connectional system through your apportionment contributions.

Apportionments are a way to look beyond just ourselves. Please do all that you can to help our churches and our ministries continue to change lives by contributing apportionments as fully as possible in the remaining 9 months of 2022. Thanks again for your commitment; it truly provides the financial stability for our connectional programs to work.

Find this month’s detailed report and previous months’ detailed reports at https://dscumc.org/apportionments.

Get information like this in your inbox

About the author

Randy Bowman

Conference Treasurer and Director of Finance and Administration.

Related Posts

Share This