Mission u 2022 is an in-person and online event for all persons, not just United Women in Faith.
Registration is now open for both the in-person event and the Virtual Mission u. Both studies are the same subject:
“Who Can We Be Together: A Biblical Exploration of Luke 13”
The book is available for $10. Please purchase your study book prior to Mission u. To order contact Mission Resource Center at 800-305-9857 or order online at: http://www.umwmissionresources.org. Be prepared to have a great weekend of worship, fellowship, and spiritual growth, and PLEASE WEAR A NAME TAG FROM SCHOOL, WORK, CHURCH, ETC. for our icebreaker! The hands-on project is coloring quilt squares and the social action presentation is Climate Justice.
In-person Event Details
- Study leaders for the in-person study are Reverend Rula Colvin and Christine Jones.
- Location: Red Mountain UMC, 2936 N. Power Rd., Mesa, AZ 85215
- Schedule: Friday, June 24, at 1:00 PM with check-in and a light breakfast on Saturday, June 25, 8:30 AM
- Registration: https://dscumc.org/secure/2022-mission-u-red-mountain-umc-registration/
- In-Kind Donations: Please bring size 4-6 diapers, size 2T-5T pull-ups, wipes, feminine hygiene products, and shampoo/conditioner for UMOM.
- Reminders: Please bring water and a coffee cup with a lid, your name badge, a face mask, your study book, a pen or pencil, a notebook, a sweater or shawl, money for thank offering and/or mission giving, and your emergency health information.
Hotel Information: You are on your own to make your hotel reservation if needed. Below are two suggestions for the area:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham, Mesa Superstition Springs, 6530 E. Superstition Springs Blvd. Mesa, AZ 85206 480 654-1970
- Best Western Superstition Springs 1342 S. Power Rd. Mesa, AZ 85206 480 641-1164
Online Event Details
- The Virtual Study will be facilitated by Reverend Rula Colvin.
- Location: Zoom
- Schedule: Friday, July 22 at 5:30 PM and Saturday, July 23, at 8:30 AM
- Registration: https://dscumc.org/secure/2022-mission-u-virtual/
Click here to download the event PDF and share it in church newsletters and give it to your friends as an invitation. Questions about the online or virtual event may be directed to the following persons.
Janette Gann, Dean
Billie Larime, Assistant Dean
Deb Kuhn, Registrar