fbpx

June 2022 Apportionments Remained Steady

by | Jul 5, 2022 | Apportionments, Conference Newsletter

by Randy Bowman, Conference Treasurer

Apportionment receipts through June were about the same as last year. Like last year, the Conference fully paid one month (8.3%) of 2022 apportionments for all of our churches. Our churches paid another 34.2%, resulting in an overall apportionments receipt level of 42.5% for the first six months of the year. That was 0.2% higher than last year’s level. At this rate, we project year-end apportionment receipts of about 82%.

Apportionment receipts through June are shown graphically as follows:

Overall, the Conference remained in strong financial shape. Our available cash reserves were $3.0 million, down only slightly from $3.1 million at the beginning of this year. We had an overall operating deficit of $492,000 due to: payment of our general church apportionments at 100%; payment of one month of apportionments for all churches in the Conference; investment losses; and COVID-impacted losses in our camp and retreat ministries (particularly at Mingus Mountain Camp). This operating deficit was lower than it might have been as a result of reduced travel, operating efficiencies, and lower staff costs in many of areas of ministry. So we are thankful for that, just as we are thankful for your continued support of our connectional system through your apportionment contributions.

Apportionments are a way to look beyond just ourselves. Please do all that you can to help our churches and our ministries continue to change lives by contributing apportionments as fully as possible in the remaining months of 2022. Thanks again for your commitment; it truly provides the financial stability for our connectional programs to work.

Click here to download this month’s detailed report, or visit https://dscumc.org/apportionments to find this month’s and previous month’s reports.

Get information like this in your inbox

Author: Randy Bowman

Conference Treasurer and Director of Finance and Administration.
Share This