Are you part of an ethnic or multiethnic United Methodist Church? Are you starting or currently leading a new ministry or outreach in an ethnic community? If so, apply for a grant of up to $10,000 from Discipleship Ministries. The deadline is September 10, so apply now at https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/articles/racial-ethnic-local-church-concerns.
DISCIPLESHIP MINISTRIES 2017-2022 RELCC GRANT CRITERIA
- The ministry/project must be a project of a U.S.-based local United Methodist church or the United Methodist connectional system in the United States.
- The ministry/project must contribute directly to the mission and ministry of making disciples of Jesus Christ and must be consistent with the doctrine and social principles of the United Methodist 2016 Book of Discipline.
- The ministry/project must focus on developing and strengthening the racial ethnic local church for witness and mission.
- The ministry/project must involve racial ethnic church members in the planning, leadership, and decision-making.
- The ministry/project must be related to one or more of the essential services provided by Discipleship Ministries, such as:
- Accountable Discipleship
- Christian Education
- Curriculum Resources
- Family & Life-Span Ministries
- Lay Ministries
- Leadership Development
- Spiritual Formation
- These are one-time grants. Programs previously funded are ineligible for additional funding.
- The maximum grant is $10,000.00.
- Funds are not provided for personnel, equipment, or building costs. Applicants are encouraged to consult with Discipleship Ministries staff for guidance in preparing the application.
- A maximum of one grant per U.S. jurisdiction will be awarded.
- The RELCC application is available online at: https://ypm-umc.smapply.io/
- Applications will open May 16, 2022, and are due September 10, 2022.