By Patricia Pegram, Camp & Retreat Ministries
Just because the Summer Camp season has come to an end and campers have headed back to school doesn’t mean camps are slowing down! The fall retreat season is here and DSC C&RM is delighted to share our upcoming retreats and events, including the new Teen Retreat (coming to both sites) for LGBTQIA+ individuals and their allies and two new camps at Mingus this fall and winter! Please check out the websites (and see more below) for details.
Upcoming Camp Events
Campership Fundraising: is on-going! Donate to the campership fund by CLICKING HERE!
Summer Camp 2023: REGISTRATION IS OPEN! See below for links to check out the sessions about both of our sites!
DSC Mingus Mountain Camp:
- NEW! Silver Bells Break: November 28 – December 2, 2022 Click here for more information, and to register, for this winter break in Phoenix, AZ.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES NOVEMBER 15!!! Sign up TODAY!
- NEW! Christmas Camp: December 9 – 11, 2022 Click here to register and get more info on the exciting activities we’ll be doing at Mingus!
- Early Bird Registration ends November 15th; Sign up by this date to get $25 off!
- Youth Winter Camp: January 14 – 16, 2023 Click here to register for this camper favorite.
- Summer Camp 2023: Registration is now OPEN! Click here for more details and to register today!
DSC Potosi Pines Camp:
- NEW! Pop-Up Camp Days: These camps are for elementary-aged campers and run by volunteers from the churches. With programming supported by Potosi Pines’ dedicated staff, we are able to offer these little-to-no-cost events on teacher work days and similar holidays parents don’t have off of work to bring the camp experience to children and youth outside of the summer camp season. These camps have filled up FAST and we are excited to offer more!
- Advent UMC: November 11, 2022 and April 28, 2023. Click here to find out more and register today!
- Pahrump Valley UMC: Fall and Spring dates TBD
- Winter Camps: February 18 – 20, 2023 REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click here for more details and to sign up today.
- Please note: Jr/Sr High & Elementary Winter Camps occur at the same time this year. Just like last year, they will run separately while sharing meals together, as well as the theme.
- Unashamed: A Retreat for LGBTQIA+ Teens & their Allies: Registration is OPEN! We will be offering this camp at Potosi Pines on March 24 – March 26, 2023 and we are hopeful to reschedule the Mingus Mountain event for 2023. Click HERE to register!
- Summer Camp 2023: Registration is OPEN! Click here for more details and to register today!
Questions? Contact the Office Administrator, Patricia Pegram
Retreats at Camp
Potosi Pines and Mingus Mountain are the perfect locations to hold retreats! Come enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our beautiful locations. Plan your own retreat or let our staff help with programming and schedules; we can accommodate groups of 20 or more. If an overnight stay does not fit into your schedule, consider a day retreat! We can help plan your staff retreat, family camp, youth retreat, and more.
Camp is also a great getaway for a mid-week clergy retreat. Mingus Mountain offers two motel-style VIP rooms, complete with 2 single beds each, bed linens, towels, and private bathrooms.
For more information and availability:
- Potosi Pines Camp Interim Director, Bill Bourdon, or learn more here!
- Mingus Mountain Camp Assistant Director, Jonathan Gowan, or learn more here!
To receive the latest camp news, impact stories, prayers and more, subscribe to receive camp emails! To subscribe for Mingus Mountain Camp emails, click here and to subscribe to the Potosi Pines Camp emails, click here.