By Patricia Pegram, Camp & Retreat Ministries
Welcome to 2023! DSC Camp & Retreats are super excited for upcoming winter camps at our DSC Camps, ringing in the winter retreat season, and getting you excited for our summer camp offerings! We also have a new Site Director at Potosi Pines and a new Operations Director at Mingus Mountain to introduce you to below; please check out the websites (and see more below) for more information on our CRM offerings this year!
Site Director at Potosi Pines, Jessi Persson!
We are so pleased to welcome Jessi to Potosi Pines as Site Director, beginning January 1, 2023. Jessi Persson is a graduate of Tennessee Technological University where she received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and more recently a graduate of Candler School of Theology, Emory University where she earned a Master of Divinity and a Certificate in Religious Education. Jessi has over nine years of experience in Camp and Retreat Ministries, and additional experience in the education and care of children. Her previous camp roles include: counselor, program staff, ropes director, discernment intern, and program director. She enjoys being active in creation, playing camp games, telling #JessiJokes, camping, and having theological conversation over a cup of cold brew coffee. She is a dog-mom to Flint, a three year old black lab with lots of personality.
Operations Director at Mingus Mountain, Krissy Chrystal!
We are so grateful for the new role at Mingus Mountain, beginning January 9, 2023 for Krissy. Previously, Krissy was the Camp Manager at Camp McCumber in Shingletown, CA for 5 years. You could catch her hanging drywall, managing sales, digging in the dirt with the tractor, using her super adorable chainsaw, and serving scrumdiddlyumptious food to the campers. In addition to all that, Krissy served as the Kitchen Manager spending several years trying new things and coming up with menus kids love, since kids are her favorite clientele. But don’t fret, all you older campers! Krissy has a few tricks up her sleeve and can offer up some confectionary delights you can’t help but love!
Krissy joins us at Mingus Mountain, sharing Cat’s commitment to hospitality. Though she isn’t much for being in the spotlight, Krissy will be working (behind the scenes) to ensure every camper is safe, comfortable, and gosh darn it, well fed!
Upcoming Camp Events
Campership Fundraising: is on-going! Donate to the campership fund by CLICKING HERE!
Summer Camp 2023: REGISTRATION IS OPEN! See below for links to check out the sessions about both of our sites!
DSC Mingus Mountain Camp:
- Youth Winter Camp: January 14 – 16, 2023 Click here to register for this camper favorite by 5pm on January 11th to attend! $135 for youth and $75 for adult chaperones.
- Summer Camp 2023: Registration is now OPEN! Click here for more details and to register today!
DSC Potosi Pines Camp:
- Winter Camps: February 18 – 20, 2023 REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click here for more details and to sign up today.
- Please note: Jr/Sr High & Elementary Winter Camps occur at the same time this year. Just like last year, they will run separately while sharing meals together, as well as the theme.
- Unashamed: A Retreat for LGBTQIA+ Teens & their Allies: Registration is OPEN! We will be offering this camp at Potosi Pines on March 24 – March 26, 2023 and we are hopeful to reschedule the Mingus Mountain event for 2023. Click HERE to register!
- NEW! Pop-Up Camp Days: These camps are for elementary-aged campers and run by volunteers from the churches. With programming supported by Potosi Pines’ dedicated staff, we are able to offer these little-to-no-cost events on teacher work days and similar holidays parents don’t have off of work to bring the camp experience to children and youth outside of the summer camp season. These camps have filled up FAST and we are excited to offer more!
- Advent UMC: April 28, 2023. Click here to find out more and register today!
- Summer Camp 2023: Registration is OPEN! Click here for more details and to register today!
Questions? Contact the Office Administrator, Patricia Pegram
Retreats at Camp
Potosi Pines and Mingus Mountain are the perfect locations to hold retreats! Come enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our beautiful locations. Plan your own retreat or let our staff help with programming and schedules; we can accommodate groups of 20 or more. If an overnight stay does not fit into your schedule, consider a day retreat! We can help plan your staff retreat, family camp, youth retreat, and more.
Camp is also a great getaway for a mid-week clergy retreat. Mingus Mountain offers two motel-style VIP rooms, complete with 2 single beds each, bed linens, towels, and private bathrooms.
For more information and availability:
- Potosi Pines Camp Site Director, Jessi Persson, or learn more here!
- Mingus Mountain Camp Assistant Director, Jonathan Gowan, or learn more here!
To receive the latest camp news, impact stories, prayers and more, subscribe to receive camp emails! To subscribe for Mingus Mountain Camp emails, click here and to subscribe to the Potosi Pines Camp emails, click here.