Welcome! We are excited that you are seeking to minister in the name of Jesus Christ and are considering ordained ministry in our conference.
Writing these papers are a requirement, but it can also be a gift.
This is your opportunity to take what you learned at seminary and what God has revealed to you and share it with the world, starting with the Board of Ordained Ministry. We want to know how your individual classes at seminary have influenced your theology and how your experience has further shaped your call to ministry. This may be the thing you reference back to, year after year in your ministry.
Create your masterpiece.
You may complete the necessary paperwork to apply for Provisional Membership in the Desert Southwest Annual Conference by clicking on the links below.
Before applying, you must be approved by your District Committee on Ordained Ministry in order to have your papers accepted. Please make sure your District Committee notifies the Registrar of their decision. It is also highly recommended to have completed/enrolled in the three UMC studies classes (polity, doctrine and history) before interviewing with BOOM, as the interview will include questions around United Methodists beliefs.
Please contact the Registrar when you have questions!
Rev. Dee Dee Azhikakath –
Due on November 1, 2021
After your application has been received, you will be contacted by the Registrar accepting your paperwork and giving you access to a private Google folder for submission of items 4-9.
Due on November 15, 2021
Please submit items 1-3 to: Rev. Dee Dee Azhikakath, 1550 East Meadowbrook Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85014-4040. Submit items 4-9 to the private Google folder provided by the Registrar.
- Submit official college/university and seminary transcripts
- Criminal Background and Credit Check
- Notarized statement detailing convictions for felony or misdemeanor or written accusation of sexual misconduct or child abuse, and a description of previous ordination process.
- Provisional Doctrinal Examination. Each answer should be complete in and of itself. References to answers in other exams are not appropriate. Answers are dependent on each individual response to the question. Recognizing that some questions will require more of a response than others, most readers look for 2-3 pages per question. The Board of Ordained Ministry is expecting your best scholarly work, which includes punctuation and grammar. You will not be granted an interview if your work does not meet these standards.It is strongly recommended that you prepare your answers well before the deadline, and even have a mentor preview them for feedback. Then you will upload your documents to a private BOOM Google folder. Each answer should be on its own Word document file as demonstrated by the template.
- Biographical Information Form
- Medical Report Form
- List of References: The Registrar will request and collect references from the list you provide.
- Field Work Evaluation
- Digital Photo Headshot
After your COMPLETE packet of work has been received, you will be contacted by the Registrar by December 15th, accepting your paperwork and giving you further instructions. Interviews will not be granted for incomplete submissions.
Provisional Member Interviews with the Board of Ordained Ministry will be held January 11-13, 2022 OR March 29-31, 2022 in the Phoenix area. Please save both sets of dates. If you are granted an interview, you will be notified of your interview date block by December 1, 2021.