DSC UNIVERSITYContinuing Education Resources for Clergy
Looking for a new continuing education experience? The following is a collection of continuing education courses and resources that former district superintendents and senior pastors of large churches have recommended as positively impacting their ministry. This information was collected by the Board of Ordained Ministry’s Registrar. If you would like to add something to this list email the registrar at . These courses are not mandated, required or sponsored by BOOM. They are mere suggestions to help pastors fill out their expertise in ministry. To download a printout of this page click here.
- Leadership Institute at the Church of the Resurrection this is the annual training event hosted by The United methodist Church of the Resurrection and is always geared toward addressing contemporary church leadership issues.
- Transforming Ministries is an annual leadership sponsered by the Western Jurisdiction targeting pastors and church leaders who are looking for new ways of doing ministry, check out the 2019 event and stay tuned for 2020 here.
- UMC LEAD “creates space, connects ideas, and equips leaders” by targeting young adult leaders in the United Methodist Church and gathering annually.
- The Disney Institute offers a number of leadership development programs that translate across nonprofit and coprorate fields.
- ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation offers a certificate program for leaders looking develop their management and organizational leadership skills.
- Courage to Lead a leadership cultivation program that focuses on self awareness and listening to better manage risks and take action in uncertian times.
- Rob Bell’s Say Something Workshop the art and science of communicating.
- Worship Design Studio interactive and innovative worship resources brought to you through the collaboration efforts of Marcia Mcfee.
- Festival of Homiletics learn and worship with some of the nation’s finest ministers and teachers experiencing the fellowship of hundreds of preachers.
- Two Year Academy “nourish your spiritual life. Find community. Ground yourself in God.” Sponsored by the General Board of Discipleship and Upper Room this experience brings people together from around the world to learn, worship, and grow together in God.
- Arizona Academy for Spiritual Formation rooted in the same patterns and community formation as the two year academy, this experiences brings people together for worship, learning, and reflection.
- Discipleship Ministries worship resources and training events.
Preaching, Worship, Spiritual Formation
- Temporary Intentional Interim Ministry
- Large Church Initiative