The goal of New Faith Communities is to establish safe spaces where un-churched or de-churched individuals can examine their faith, discover what it means to follow Jesus, and then engage in discipleship activities with new acquaintances. Every member of these communities is dedicated to sharing God’s love with their neighbors, congregating in shopping centers, cafes, storefronts, bars, residences, fellowship halls, and restaurants.
News & Events
The General Commission on Religion and Race (GCORR) announces a new cycle of the CORR Action Fund (CAF) grant program providing up to $10,000 to fund projects that increase intercultural competency and support vital conversations about race, cultural diversity, and systemic equity leading to action.
Church Cartographers help congregations create new pathways to relevancy in their mission field. Save the date and plan to attend the webinar on October 19.
If you have questions about how to log into Mission Insite or wondered about hosting non-profits or for-profit organizations at your church, connect with us today!
Originally published at https://umcmission.org/news-statements/by-faith-our-journey-continues/ The Pacific Islander Ministry Plan Advisory Committee met, under the banner of By Faith…Let Us Run with Perseverance, on Aug. 8-9, 2022, at the Garden Grove United...
Are you part of an ethnic or multiethnic United Methodist Church? Are you starting or currently leading a new ministry or outreach in an ethnic community? If so, apply for a grant of up to $10,000 from Discipleship Ministries. The deadline is September 10, so...
Mustard Seed Migration Grants provide up to 50 congregations in the United States with up to $2,000 in funding to support one-time, community-based projects that assist refugees, asylum seekers, undocumented persons, and migrants of all types. Applications will be...
We are excited to share some upcoming changes that might interest you. The New and Vital Faith Committee members will attend a September retreat where we will pray, vision, and set goals for the coming years. Some of the immediate updates you might see are the new...
by Christina Dillabough, Director of Communications Meet Rachel Mosher, the Youth and Common Grounds Coordinator at St Mark's UMC in Tucson. She's also one of the newest Methodism bloggers on TikTok! She says, "I tend to jump in with both feet." Rachel has a degree...
In October 2021, the Office of Wesleyan Engagement at Duke Divinity School launched Nurturing Entrepreneurial Mindsets, a free 4-week course exploring Methodism’s rich history of innovation to help imagine fresh ways individuals and churches can bear witness to the...
By Dave McPherson, Director of New & Vital Faith Communities “The front door to the church” is the place people go to check out the congregation. It used to be the actual front door. Then it became the church’s website. Now it’s the church’s online service....
Rev. Antonieta Fernandes
Rev. Rachel Gilmore
Director of New & Vital Faith Ministries
Call the Desert Southwest Conference
New Faith Archives
Congregant Plot User Guide
Use this with Mission Insight
Additional resources regarding discipleship and spreading our faith.
DSC Way Forward Resources
Additional information and resources about DSC Way Forward.
Western Jurisdiction New Church Start Plan
See attached PDF file.
Select any of the book titles below to find it on Amazon.
- Abuelita Faith by Kat Armas
- An Effective Approach to Cooperative Parishes: A Congregational Guide to Discernment and Implementation by Kay L Kotan & Jason C. Stanley
- A Spirituality of Fundraising by Henri J.M. Nouwen
- Churches and the Crisis of Decline by Andrew Root
- Emotionally Healthy Discipleship by Peter Scazzero
- Everywhere you Look Discovering the church right where you are by Tim Soerens and Walter Brueggemann
- Expanding the Expedition Reach with Missional Communities by Rachel Gilmore
- God in My Everything by Ken Shigematsu
- Innovating for Love: Joining God’s Expedition through Christian Social Innovation by Kenda Creasy Dean
- Inside Out by Kay L. Kotan and Michael J. Scott
- Metachurch by Dave Adamson
- Nobody Cries When We Die by Patrick B. Reyes
- Refresh by Michael Moynagh & Rob Peabody
- Staying Awake: The Gospel for Changemakers by Tyler Sit
- The Art of Gathering: How we meet and why it Matters by Priya Parker
- The Coming Revolution in Church Economics by Mark Deymaz
- The Post Quarantine Church by Thom S. Rainer
- The Power of Latino Leadership: Culture, Inclusion, and Contribution by Juana Bordas
- The Racial Healing Handbook by Anneliese A. Singh