HIV Caring Ministry
This ministry has the following action strategies for the next 2-5 years beginning in June 2015:
- To empower those who have been infected by HIV/AIDS with resources they need to fulfill their full potential.
- To support families and caregivers as they seek to help their loved ones
- To engage the local church to be the conduit of God’s grace to those in the community who are impacted by HIV/AIDS
- To educate our communities on the many facets of HIV prevention and care management
- To build and leverage relationships within our connection to mobilizing The United Methodist church for legislative advocacy at all governmental levels, both domestically and globally
Invite a Guest Speaker
Statistics say that five people die of AIDS every minute and nine people more are infected by HIV. In the United States, HIV infection is rising the fastest in two main groups: Youth/Young adults and Seniors over 55. With the help of TIHAN (Tucson Interfaith HIV-AIDS Network), we have developed a strong Education and Prevention Curriculum. The goal of the HIV/AIDS Ministries of the Desert Southwest Conference is to present this curriculum to as many youth groups, young adult groups, women’s and men’s groups, and senior groups as possible. If you are interested in offering an AIDS education and prevention seminar to a group in your church, please let us know. For more information on any of these areas, please contact Joshua Warner at .
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.