Lay Servant Ministries Introduction – Oct 21-22 at Paradise Valley UMC
October 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm UTC+0
This course is foundational for all courses in Lay Servant Ministries. Participants are encouraged to discover and employ personal spiritual gifts as God intended and to consider the importance of exercising servant leadership, developing future leaders, remaining rooted in consistent spiritual practices, and being part of a group that holds members accountable in their discipleship. Youth Addendum: A youth addendum for The BASIC Course is available for download at: https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/resources/introduction-to-lay-ministry-the-basic-course. The United Methodist Committee on Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries has developed a version of The BASIC Course for use with American Sign Language. For more information on this resource, please contact the committee through their website: UMDeaf.org.
Participants are responsible for purchasing and reading the text before the course. Participant textbooks cost $12.00 and are available at https://bookstore.upperroom.org/Products/DR626/lay-servant-ministries-basic-course-participants-book.aspx.
- Facilitator: Susan Bowers
- Class is in-person and limited to 15 students
- Friday, 5:30 PM-9:00 PM, and Saturday, 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Lunch will be “on your own” from Noon – 1:00 PM, but water bottles will be provided. Students may bring a sack lunch or go out if there is somewhere close to the venue.
- Masks may or may not be mandatory.
- On Saturday, the last hour will be worship with communion, distributing Completion of Class certificates, and class evaluations.
- The cost is $15 per person
- Select the box below to open the registration form