- This event has passed.
North District UMW Mission u
July 13, 2018 - July 14, 2018
Grow in your faith, meet new neighbors, and learn about the world God so loves at Mission u 2018! Mission u brings together women, men, and youth for dynamic worship, community building, and engaging study that explores the implications of our Christian faith in today’s world.
2018 Studies (Click on title for a description)
- Spiritual growth study: Embracing Wholeness
- Geographic Study: Missionary Conferences of the U.S. (Offered at East/West & South District events only)
- Issue study: What About Our Money?
2018 Dates and Locations
- July 13-14 – North District – Advent UMC, Las Vegas – Registration Due July 6
- August 3-4 – East/West District – Velda Rose UMC, Mesa – Registration Due July 27
- August 24-25 – South District – St. Mark’s UMC, Tucson – Registration Due August 17
Registration for the 2018 Mission u events is now open. Register online and you can pay now with a credit card or mail in your check. Use the green button below to register online.
Over a Friday evening and Saturday, participants can take one 7½ hour study at each event. You are encouraged to attend as many Mission u events as you want. They are offered on different weekends spaced out in July and August to allow people to attend more than one study each year.
It is recommended that you read the study book before coming to Mission u as there will be a limited supply available at the event for purchase and little time to do so while attending. If you haven’t purchased your study books, contact the Mission Resource Center at 800-305-9857 or http://www.umwmissionresources.org/.
Tentative 2018 Schedule
3:30-4:15 Focus Group
8:30-9:30 Hands on Activities
3:45-4:30 Closing worship
Scholarships are available for first-time attendees. The Scholarships cover registration, lodging, books, and travel. Applicants for the Marilyn Sue Stout Scholarship must be ages 14 to 30 at the time Mission u begins. There are no age restrictions on the Marilyn Jean Chapman Scholarship.