Desert Southwest Conference United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM)
2018 Mission Team Leader Training [click here to download the PDF flyer]
Effective team leader training can make the difference between a successful mission and an experience better forgotten. Prepared team leaders have the tools, insight, and knowledge to successfully lead groups in a mission experience that glorifies God through service done effectively.
• Finding and Selecting a Destination, a Host, and a Mission Project
• Gathering a Team – Promoting
• Planning the Trip – Details!
• Budgeting and Raising Money
• Team Orientation – Clear Expectations
• Insurance and Legal Concerns
• Returning Home and Reporting – Inspiring your congregation!
• Special Issues regarding International Trips
• Youth and Family Trip Issues, including Safe Sanctuaries Policies, Releases, and Background
• Travel Issues
Inspiring potential leaders, identifying potential partners, discovering needs, welcoming interested individuals, communicating opportunities, developing resources, cultivating potential hosts, sharing ideas, joys and challenges, building networks, celebrating outcomes.
Saturday, March 10, 2018 – Henderson, NV
Henderson First UMC
609 E Horizon Dr, Henderson, NV 89015
Saturday, March 24, 2018 – Flagstaff, AZ
Flagstaff Federated Community Church 400 W Aspen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Saturday, April 7, 2018 – Tempe, AZ
Tempe First UMC, Baker Center
215 E University Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281
Saturday, April 14, 2018 – Tucson, AZ
St. Paul’s UMC, Tucson
8051 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710
Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Yuma, AZ
Yuma First UMC
298 W 3rd St, Yuma, AZ 85364
All Leader Training Workshops are 9 AM – 1 PM and include a light networking lunch. There is a $10 fee (payable at the workshop), which includes one Team Leader Manual and lunch. Two (or three or four) participants per congregation would be GREAT(!) and provide much greater mission energy and
Experienced leaders and previous attendees are invited to come and participate.
(No cost, but you still get lunch!) Experienced leaders have a lot to contribute to a session like