Grants and loans available through The United Methodist Church
- COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant (UMCOR)
- Grants and Awards (General Commission on Archives and History)
- Ministry and Emerging Child Advocacy Grants (United Methodist Women)
- New and Vital Faith Church COVID-19 Loan/Grants (Desert Southwest Conference)
- New Church Start Grants (United Methodist Communications)
- New People New Places Grant (Desert Southwest Conference)
- Peace with Justice Grant (Desert Southwest Conference Board of Church & Society)
- Scholarships and Grants (Discipleship Ministries)
- Social Justice Ministry Grants (General Board of Church and Society)
- Substance Abuse Ministry Grants (SPSARV)
- Way Forward Grant Application and PDF Download (Desert Southwest Conference)
- Website Development Grants (United Methodist Communications)
- Local Church Racial/Ethnic Ministries Grant (Discipleship Ministries)
The United Methodist Development Fund provides first-mortgage loans for new construction, renovations, additions, relocations, and parsonages.
About Desert Southwest Conference Grants
Did you know that churches can apply for grants for ministry that will enhance vitality and reach new people, younger people, and more diverse people? Contact your District Superintendent or the office of New and Vital Faith Communities or Justice & Outreach to apply.
The pandemic has forced churches to go virtual in new ways. This has been a blessing to many people since churches are not only reaching new people through this method, but have provided a new service to their shut-ins and seasonal friends. Your Vital Faith...
Every year the Council of Bishops awards three grants to annual conferences from around the world that are involved in ecumenical and/or interreligious ministry. These grants are for $1,000 US each and must be used for ministry projects that focus on...
The Courageous Church Award recognizes churches who are living into the mission of the Conference in courageous ways. This year, the Vital Faith Team and the appointive cabinet awarded the 2020 Courageous Church award to Haven United Methodist Church.
By Wendy Swanson, Chair of the DSC Vital Faith Committee There is very little that can be said that is positive about how COVID 19 has affected our communities, but the development of new ministries by our churches is one. Many churches have worked hard and fast to...
Peace with Justice grants, funded by the annual special offerings from the local church, are available for ministries that work towards change in policies and systemic injustice. If money is holding back the good work of your church, don’t miss this opportunity. Apply...
News Release Local Church Racial/Ethnic Ministries Grant Applications Due Sept. 1 NASHVILLE, Tenn. May 1, 2020/Discipleship Ministries/ – Applications for Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns (RELCC) grants up to $7,000 to help local United Methodist churches...