Contact the Implementation Team
Initiative for Growth & Vitality
Frequently Asked Questions
Holy Huddle Summary Themes
Initiative GraphicsEmail us if you need something more specific.
Initiative PostersEmail us to order free print pieces.
- Window Clings 3″x3″ (while supplies last)
- Medium Poster 18″x24″ Matte
- Large Poster 24″x36″ Glossy
2016 Annual Conference Recap
God is calling us to focus on growing and becoming more vital so that our ministry of praise and prayer, compassion and caring, and mission and outreach will touch lives and transform communities for many years to come.
We’ve asked for input about church vitality, values, measurements, and more so that a team of clergy and laity can converge those insights and write the vision that God has inspired in the people of the Desert Southwest Conference. Once that work was done, the team continued to the next phase of their work.
Top 4 Growth Themes Mentioned in Surveys and Holy Huddles
- Listen, Vision, & Risk What God Asks
Develop an Outward Focus
Build Multigenerational & Multicultural Diversity
Train, Learn, Share, & Partner with other churches
Common Obstacles Identified
- Aging of Members
- Resistance to Change
- Inward Focused
- Fear of Failure
Who Are We Asking?
From your perspective, what are the characteristics of a church that is growing?
What will this work accomplish?
In April 2016, the Bishop requested responses for two surveys and in June he led us in holy huddles. Both surveys and holy huddles were designed to achieve several objectives:
- Clarify an understanding of who we are and provide insights on the present state of vitality.
- Create a vision statement that both reflects and drives the Desert Southwest Conference churches and ministries.
- Identify those places where we have experienced successful growth initiatives that can be shared.
- Uncover ideas that will help us better understand how we can become even more vital than we are today.