New & Vital Faith Communities
Resource and Support New Start Congregations
Support, Resource and Evaluate On-going New Faith Fellowships
Support and Nurture New Beginnings out of Healthy and
Vital Existing Congregations
Easter! Oh God . . .
Easter is a very busy time in our lives, especially for church staff. With Easter comes the Easter Lily orders, the services of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Sunrise, and of course crowded worship at the regular service times (hopefully).
But Easter also brings something else. . . It brings someone else. . . Guests! People who are on a journey, just like us. People whom God has placed on their hearts, a need to be in community, just like us. And many act on that need at Easter. These Guests are gifts from God
This month is a good time to evaluate your church’s hospitality process. Professionals tell us that people will decide within the first 8 minutes whether they plan to return. What will people experience at your church within their first 8 minutes?
- Will they find the church property looking as if someone cares about it?
- Will it be clear to them where to park?
- Will they find a greeter in the parking lot who truly wants to welcome all persons?
- Is the entrance to the worship space easily recognizable?
- Are there hosts beyond the greeters at the door who are prepared to help Guests find whatever they need; the nursery, Sunday school classes, restrooms, “coffee” fellowship?
- Do people joyfully make room for Guests?
And that’s just the first 8 minutes! What will hospitality look like for the rest of their visit?
If you want to collaborate with someone on hospitality ideas, Patsy and I would love to join you. Just let us know at and .
Easter! Oh God, thank you for these gifts who have chosen to include us on their journey! May we welcome them as the precious gifts they are!
Vital Faith Chair
Rev. Tony Dawson
New Faith Chair
602.266.6956 x 205
1550 E Meadowbrook Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Rev. David McPherson
New & Vital Faith Director
New & Vital Faith Administrative Assistant