Position: Part-time, 25-30 hours per week
Apply: Send resume to by October 10, 2018.
Interacts with: Public, pastors, church staff, vendors, church committees, and volunteers. Supervised by the Senior Pastor and Secretary.
Summary: Facilitate communication with individuals calling or visiting the church. Initial contact person for all individuals having business or questions regarding Velda Rose UMC. Additionally, assist the church secretary and webmaster as needed to maintain data within the information systems.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries in a professional manner.
- Directs visitors by maintaining church directories, calendars, and information sheets.
- Maintains security by following procedures.
- Directs church office volunteers.
- Maintains continuity among staff, committees, and volunteers by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Assist in preparing the church bulletin and PowerPoint/Easy Worship presentation for services.
- Assist in the production of and/or prepares the church newsletter (The Vision).
- Support the webmaster when required.
- Maintain information in church database.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Final candidates may be asked to pass a complete background check, including but not limited to: criminal history check; Arizona MVD history check; current and former employment and personal reference will be checked.
- Experience working with databases, email marketing, Google Docs and similar entities a plus.
- Familiarity with social media analytical tools, a plus but not required.
- Graphic skills a plus but not required.
- Proficient with word processing, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software, especially Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience working with Servant Keeper or other church database, systems a plus but not required.
- Proven ability to be a positive team contributor who draws upon experience and uses professional judgment.
- Detail oriented.
- Telephone skills, verbal communication, listening skills, office equipment skills, professionalism, organization, informing others, and handles pressure.
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Experience: Receptionist: One year
Education: High school